To adjust or write-off the remaining balance of a service for any reason, such as a financial hardship, you will have to complete the following steps:
- Create a Payment Class that will be used to track the write-off. For more information, please see: Payment Class.
- Navigate to Payments > Enter Payment > Single Session.
- Locate the desired session and select the icon.
- Set the following:
- Type: Client
- Method: Cash
- Pmt Class: Select the desired class
- Enter the remaining balance for each service code into the corresponding New Adj boxes and select Keep Current Status as the Action for each service code.
- Click Submit.
To obtain a report of any or all adjustments with a specific Payment Class:
- Navigate to Reports > Custom Payment.
- Click Select Layout or Create New Layout and select/create a layout.
- In the Hide these payments section, ensure that all boxes are checked excluding Adjustments.
- Enter any applicable filters.
- Enter the class into the Pmt class field or select Payment Class from the Group By drop-down menu.
- Select View Report.