Here is a list of questions that are often asked after learning the insurance billing process.
How do I fix an authorization warning when creating a claim?
While most authorization issues can be resolved using one of these articles, some need special attention. If you have tried to force the authorization onto the claim and are unable to, or the authorization is attached but still showing an error, you'll need manually map the authorization.
- Click "Go Back" on the warning.
- Next to the patient's name in the top-right, select the icon.
- Switch to the Auths tab.
- Locate the desired auth and click the icon.
- Delete the contents of the Ins. Company field.
- Reenter the payer name into the Ins. Company field and select the corresponding entry from the drop-down list.
- Select Apply Edits.
- Click Save & Close. You can now create the claim.
Dates of Service/Service Lines are showing up in the Insurance Invoicing area that shouldn't. Some are already closed to insurance while others are for Self Pay clients. What should I do?
- Next to the service line, select the icon.
- Click Mark as self pay.
A Date of Service (DOS) is missing from the Insurance Invoicing area. What's happening?
- Navigate to Schedule > Search Sessions.
- Use the filters to try and locate the session.
- If found, send the session back to the Insurance Invoice area.
For a DOS to appear in the Insurance Invoicing area, it must have:
- CPT codes
- If a Daily Note was finalized in the EMR without any codes selected, there is nothing to send to Therabill. Add an addendum to the Daily Note (1), indicate the rendered services (2), and Finalize & Rebill the addendum (3).
- While these will appear, the charge amounts will need to be updated for successful billing. Edit the session (1), edit the CPT code (2), and designate a charge amount (3). Then, be sure to add the charge amount to your CPT Fee Schedule for future use.
- An active insurance
- Sessions tied to a client listed as Self Pay will be automatically closed and the remaining balance will be due by the client.