You can batch print all primary insurance claims. This allows you to print claims for multiple patients at a time instead of one-by-one. This is useful if you have many claims that need to be mailed to the client’s primary insurance. Prior to batch printing your claims, confirm that all information is accurate. This will help prevent denials.
Note: The client must have an active primary print and mail only insurance card listed in their Therabill chart in order to use this feature.
Batch Paper Primary Insurance Claims
1. Once you are in the Insurance Invoicing screen, click the Batch Paper button.
2. Use the filter box if you would like to print claims that meet a certain criteria.
Important: The One Date of Service per Claim checkbox will be checked every time the screen is opened, you do have the option to uncheck the box. The Exclude clients with active electronic insurance cards checkbox will be checked when the screen is opened for the first time. If it is unchecked at any time, it will remain that way until it is checked again.
Note: Clients who also have an active primary electronic & print and mail insurance card will have a blue dot next to their name that provides a warning when the Member hovers over it:
3. Uncheck the box next to a patient's name if you do not want to create a claim for that patient.
4. Once you have all patients desired, click .
5. You will then have the option to choose what kind of PDF you prefer.
Note: All claims will appear in a new internet browser tab, and they will display and print in alphabetical order by payer.
After you click the Submit button, the system will display progression indicators as it creates the claims. If you close this window, the system will stop creating claims.
The Progression Indicators
The first status at the top, explains the number of claims that remain in the batch creation. If patients are skipped they will not be counted in the status counter indicator.
Error Detected Icon:
If errors are detected, you will see the indicator next to the client’s name on the left. If one of your clients comes back with an error, that submission will be skipped. To check the error you will need to view it in the Select Client screen of the Insurance Invoicing area. Once the errors are fixed, you can go back to the Batch Paper feature if you choose.
On the right hand side of the screen, the text indicator describes the progress of the claim creation:
- Skipped - Due to the checkbox next to the client’s name being unchecked, the patient was skipped in the batch creation.
- Errors Detected - The red message matches the red error detected icon as the system has found errors when trying to create the claim.
- Complete - If the claim has no errors and has been created successfully
Viewing Batch Paper Claims
If you would like to view the claims you created, you can view them by going to your Claim Submission screen, Filing > CMS-1500. The print and mail claims that were created will have a grey colored bar on the left of the submission information on this screen.
Important: Therabill is unable to provide proof of timely filing for Print and Mail claim submissions, only for electronic claim submissions.