This claim submitted to Blue Cross/Blue Shield is missing the required BL indicator on the claim. Blue Cross/Blue Shield requires this indicator to be present on the claim in order to accept it.
Follow the steps below to edit the Plan Type field on the Insurance card and resubmit the claim.
- From the Edit Claim Information section of the EDI rejection page, click the (pencil) icon next to the client’s name.
- Now you are in the Client’s Chart. Find the BCBS insurance card in the Insurance cards section, then click the (pencil) to edit the insurance card.
- In the Policy Info section use the Plan Type drop-down to select Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- Click Apply Edits at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
- Click Resubmit Electronically at the top of the EDI rejection page.
- Then click Submit in the green highlighted box indicating the BCBS payer to finalize the changes and resubmit the claim.
WebPT EMR Integrated Members
For a more permanent fix, WebPT EMR Integrated members should follow the steps outlined in the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Plan Type Update article to permanently update the integration of insurance payer information and prevent future claim errors.