This is a nonspecific rejection error. We recommend reviewing the patient payer insurance card and claims for missing or incorrect information.
To resolve this error you will need to verify the patient's insurance payer information is correct and review the claim(s) to see if anything appears to be missing or incorrect. If you are not able to find the missing information, please contact the insurance payer to review and advise how to correct the rejected claim.
View Patient Insurance from the EDI Error
There are several methods for viewing the patient/client insurance payer information in Therabill. In this case, we can easily view this information in the steps below.
- From the Edit Claim Information section of the EDI rejection page click (pencil) to go to the Patient/Client chart.
- Click the (pencil) to open the Primary Insurance Card.
- Review or change any insurance details, and click Apply Edits when finished making changes.
- If the Insurance Card Information is not available or has changed click Add Card.
- Complete the Primary Insurance Card information, then click Add insurance card.
If you are not able to find any discrepancies, contact the Insurance payer directly to review the claim and advise how to correct the information. When you contact the payer's EDI department, you’ll need the claim reference number (if provided by the insurance).
- Click on View Status Messages from the Edit Claim Information section of the EDI rejection page.
- Then View Details on any Acknowledgement Receipt message. Look for the reference number after [PAYER_REF] =>.