This error occurs when more than one payment is submitted on a claim session to a secondary payer.
Secondary payer claims should only have one payment and one adjustment from the primary payer.
You may also have more than one insurance card with the same responsibility. We recommend you review the insurance card section to ensure each insurance is marked with the correct responsibility.
Value of element SBR01 has been already used in loops 2000B/2300. Elements SBR01 are expected to be different from SBR01 specified in loop 2000B and to have unique values within loop 2300 excluding \'U\' value. Segment SBR is defined in the guideline at position 2900. Invalid data: P
Make note of the extra payments and then remove the extra/invalid payment from the payment history and resubmit the claim. Payments may need to be reposted after submitting the claim if the erroneous payments were paid by a different insurance company that may need to be refunded later.
- From the Edit Claim Information section of the EDI rejection page click on the affected Date of Service (DOS) under Claim Sessions.
- Then click the (black dollar sign) to open the session.
- Use the (delete)button to delete any payment in the Payment History section of the session that does not come from the correct Primary payer.
- Once all the incorrect payments and adjustments have been removed, you can exit the session by clicking the Red X symbol in the top-right corner of the page.
- Resubmit this claim from the EDI rejection page by clicking Resubmit Electronically.
- To confirm resubmission, click Submit.
- You may need to repost the previously deleted payments so you can apply any necessary refunds in the future.