247 - Service Line Information
The payer is indicating that information is invalid or missing with the CPT codes on the session. This can be a missing line note, invalid CPT code, or a missing/invalid modifier on the CPT code itself. The payer will not specify which category you are under in the rejection, so you may need to confirm with the payer or your biller what may need to be corrected on the claim.
How to Resolve in Therabill
Follow the steps below on how to edit the billing and coding on the session.
- From the Edit Claim Information section of the EDI rejection page, click the Date of Service under the Claim sessions area.
- In the Billing & Coding section, you will need to edit or remove the CPT codes in question. If you need to make a change to a code, such as add/remove a modifier or add a line note, click the blue pencil icon. If you need to remove a CPT code, click the red trash can icon.
- Once you have made the necessary changes to your session, click the Save & Edit button, then click Send to Insurance Invoice Area.
- Next, navigate to Billing > Bill Insurance, then click Select Client.
- Click on the Client's Name you'd wish to create a new invoice for, then select the box next to each CPT code to bill out and click Create Invoice.
- Click the Lightning Bolt icon next to the correct insurance to submit the claim.
- After the claim has been created, navigate back to the Dashboard, click on the EDI Rejection and select Ignore Error to remove the rejection from the Electronic Claim Errors Box.